Prep 15 mins
Cook 3 hrs
This is a delicious and satisfying soup I make often. It is from "A Taste of Myrtle Beach" cookbook, which features recipes from the area's best restaurants. This soup is from Caroline's Cafe. This also works very well in the crockpot. Just brown the ground beef and add everything else to the crockpot and let it cook on low for about 6 hours.
- 1 -2 lb ground beef
- 2 (12 ounce) cans stewed tomatoes
- 2 (12 ounce) cans mixed vegetables
- 10 ounces beef broth
- 6 ounces ketchup
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- Brown hamburger, onions and pepper. Drain off grease.
- Add stewed tomatoes, mixed vegetables, beef broth and ketchup. Note: I often used frozen vegetables because that's mostly what I have on hand and like better.
- Simmer for three hours.
- If you like a sweeter tasting broth, add some sugar to taste.
Delicious! No onions were used, due to allergies, but, it wasn't missed. I replaced with diced celery. Yum, thank you.
Easy-peasy vegetable beef soup recipe - love that this is so versatile and can be made with whatever you have hanging around! I halved the ground beef and opted for the frozen veggies. Browned the beef and then threw everything into a crockpot on Low for 8 hours and it was great. The ketchup does add a little somethin'-somethin' - don't omit it!
This was incredible! Went together fast and easy, and the result was rich and satisfying- perfect for a gloomy fall day, Thank you so much for sharing, we'll be making this again!!