1/1 Photo of Ground Beef Tomato Spinach Casserole
This is a remake of my Turkey Spinach Soup. I had purchased a container of spinach to make the soup recipe for an iron chef competition at work. I ended up not participating because there was a conflict. I didn't want to throw away the spinach and it was too hot for soup, so I came up with this one-dish meal. It was very filling and low-fat. I calculated this on the WW website and it's 4 points per serving.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 ounces gluten-free pasta, shell shaped (can use regular pasta)
- 1 lb 96% lean ground beef
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 2 cups nonfat beef broth
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley
- 4 ounces fresh spinach
- 1Cook pasta until al dente and set aside and keep warm.
- 2Spray a large dutch oven, with cooking spray.
- 3Brown ground beef, onions and garlic over medium heat until no longer pink.
- 4Add remaining ingredients and stir well.
- 5Bring to a boil, reduce heat and cook over medium heat for about 20 minutes.
- 6Stir in cooked pasta and heat through.
Browse Our Top < 30 Mins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 30 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ground Beef Tomato Spinach Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (401 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 368.7
- Calories from Fat 107
- Total Fat 11.9 g
- Saturated Fat 5.2 g
- Cholesterol 142.2 mg
- Sodium 788.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 6.4 g
- Protein 52.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: