Recipe by LARavenscroft
This is a remake of my Turkey Spinach Soup. I had purchased a container of spinach to make the soup recipe for an iron chef competition at work. I ended up not participating because there was a conflict. I didn't want to throw away the spinach and it was too hot for soup, so I came up with this one-dish meal. It was very filling and low-fat. I calculated this on the WW website and it's 4 points per serving.
- 4 ounces gluten-free pasta, shell shaped (can use regular pasta)
- 1 lb 96% lean ground beef
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 2 cups nonfat beef broth
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley
- 4 ounces fresh spinach
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta until al dente and set aside and keep warm.
- Spray a large dutch oven, with cooking spray.
- Brown ground beef, onions and garlic over medium heat until no longer pink.
- Add remaining ingredients and stir well.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and cook over medium heat for about 20 minutes.
- Stir in cooked pasta and heat through.