Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
My husband and I love to have a quick meal when we can. And what is better than having some ground beef tacos? Adding the onion and green chiles to the taco meat really gives it that extra something. I really hope that you enjoy this recipe.
- 1 lb 90% lean ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 (4 ounce) can green chili peppers, chopped
- 1 (1 ounce) package taco seasoning
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 roma tomato, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup lettuce, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 12 taco shells
- sour cream, as needed
- salsa, as needed
- salt, as needed
- pepper, as needed
- On medium heat, add ground beef to a large non-stick skillet. Break up meat in skillet and add the onion and chiles. After the meat is fully cooked, then drain off all excess fat.
- Add taco seasoning and water to taco meat. Let simmer for 5-10 minutes until sauce thickens. Remove from heat.
- Build tacos with remaining ingredients.