Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
Who doesn't like some version of a taco, there are so many. This is one of my family’s favorites, as long as they get to pick their own toppings.
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 -2 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 -2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 green bell pepper, diced
- 1⁄2 cup onion, diced
- 12 corn tortillas (Packaged or Homemade)
- lettuce (Plus other toppings listed below)
- In a 2 quart sauce pan add ground beef, salt, chili powder, garlic, cumin, paprika, and enough water to cover meat.
- Bring to a boil.
- Simmer for about an hour.
- Add bell pepper and onion. Continue simmer for 20 to 30 minutes. (Until bell pepper and onion are fully cooked).
- Meat can be used at this time or cooled for later depending on your meal schedule. I like to make the meat mixture ahead of time.
- Full Corn Tortilla Shells just about 1/2 way full or desired amount.
- Put into a preheated oven (300) for about 10 minutes or until completed heated through.
- Ready to Serve!
- Taco Toppings: Shredded Lettuce,Chopped Tomatoes, Cheese Sauce, Shredded Cheese, Mexican Blend), Chopped Onions, Black Sliced Olives, Sliced jalapeno, Refried Beans, Sour cream, Guacamole, Hot Sauce, Taco Sauce, Scallions (green onions), Mexican corn, Salsa . . . . to be continued.
I think this recipe is fantastic! I will never go back to prepackaged seasoning again! I half the recipe and it comes out great every time. Thanks for posting!
It takes you 2 hours to make tacos? What is the hour long simmer for?
This recipe makes a great starter, especially as a family recipe. Keeping in mind the spice tolerance of the people you're feeding, some red cayenne pepper can really add some great flavor to this. as well as fresh garlic, cilantro, tomato paste and a healthy dash of sriracha!