Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
Our favorite ground beef taco meat. I freeze in portions for our family and heat up in the crock pot. This makes 5 freezer packs. The ingredients were all multiplied by 5 from the original recipe.
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 4 medium yellow onions
- 11 garlic cloves
- 1⁄2 cup chili powder, plus
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 5 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons oregano
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- 5 lbs ground beef
- 15 ounces canned tomato sauce
- 2 1⁄2 cups chicken broth
- 5 teaspoons brown sugar
- 10 teaspoons vinegar
- Heat the oil over medium heat until hot.
- Add the onions a cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 4 minutes.
- Add the garlic, spices and 2 tsp salt.
- Cook, stirring constantly, until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add the ground beef and cook until the beef is no longer pink, about 5 minutes.
- Add the tomato sauce, broth, brown sugar and vinegar and bring to a simmer, uncovered, stirring frequently, until the liquid has reduced and thickened, about 10 minutes.
- Freeze in freezer containers.
- Heat to serve.