Recipe by LARavenscroft
I have a recipe posted for taco seasoning and it's my go-to recipe anytime I need a package of taco seasoning mix - tastes so much better than the packaged stuff. For the last several years, I've written down the following recipe for every bridal shower I've attended where I was asked to bring a recipe. I finally decided that I should post it here. Serve with your favorite taco topping or as a salad or nachos. This recipe may also be used with ground turkey.
Top Review by Chickadeb
Thanks for sharing this quick and easy recipe, using ingredients that I had on hand when a taco craving hit me! Make extra so you'll have leftovers... Tastes even better when the spices mingle for a day :)
- cooking spray
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons dried onion, minced
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 cup beef broth
Directions See How It's Made
- Coat a large skillet with spray oil.
- Add ground beef to skillet along with garlic.
- Cook over medium heat until browned - about 10 minutes.
- Add dried onion, chili powder, oregano, cumin, salt, cinnamon and red pepper and stir well.
- Add tomato paste and beef broth.
- Bring to a boil and reduce heat, simmering until the liquid is reduced - about 15-20 minutes.
- Serve with your favorite taco toppings.