I have a recipe posted for taco seasoning and it's my go-to recipe anytime I need a package of taco seasoning mix - tastes so much better than the packaged stuff. For the last several years, I've written down the following recipe for every bridal shower I've attended where I was asked to bring a recipe. I finally decided that I should post it here. Serve with your favorite taco topping or as a salad or nachos. This recipe may also be used with ground turkey.
- Coat a large skillet with spray oil.
- Add ground beef to skillet along with garlic.
- Cook over medium heat until browned - about 10 minutes.
- Add dried onion, chili powder, oregano, cumin, salt, cinnamon and red pepper and stir well.
- Add tomato paste and beef broth.
- Bring to a boil and reduce heat, simmering until the liquid is reduced - about 15-20 minutes.
- Serve with your favorite taco toppings.
Thanks for sharing this quick and easy recipe, using ingredients that I had on hand when a taco craving hit me! Make extra so you'll have leftovers... Tastes even better when the spices mingle for a day :)
My wife and I LOVE this recipe. It's easy to make and the leftover filling stores well in the freezer. Topped it with 4 cheese Mexican blend, chopped tomato, shredded lettuce, and sour cream. Didn't change a single ingredient and don't plan on doing so. Thanks for sharing this tasty and easy recipe.