Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
I have a recipe posted for taco seasoning and it's my go-to recipe anytime I need a package of taco seasoning mix - tastes so much better than the packaged stuff. For the last several years, I've written down the following recipe for every bridal shower I've attended where I was asked to bring a recipe. I finally decided that I should post it here. Serve with your favorite taco topping or as a salad or nachos. This recipe may also be used with ground turkey.
- cooking spray
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons dried onion, minced
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 cup beef broth
- Coat a large skillet with spray oil.
- Add ground beef to skillet along with garlic.
- Cook over medium heat until browned - about 10 minutes.
- Add dried onion, chili powder, oregano, cumin, salt, cinnamon and red pepper and stir well.
- Add tomato paste and beef broth.
- Bring to a boil and reduce heat, simmering until the liquid is reduced - about 15-20 minutes.
- Serve with your favorite taco toppings.
Thanks for sharing this quick and easy recipe, using ingredients that I had on hand when a taco craving hit me! Make extra so you'll have leftovers... Tastes even better when the spices mingle for a day :)
My wife and I LOVE this recipe. It's easy to make and the leftover filling stores well in the freezer. Topped it with 4 cheese Mexican blend, chopped tomato, shredded lettuce, and sour cream. Didn't change a single ingredient and don't plan on doing so. Thanks for sharing this tasty and easy recipe.
Thank you for sharing this recipe! Just made Beef Tacos, following the recipe and they were so easy to make, very messy to eat, but that's the fun of it, and very tasty. Will definitely use this recipe again!