1/1 Photo of Ground Beef Taco Filling
I have a recipe posted for taco seasoning and it's my go-to recipe anytime I need a package of taco seasoning mix - tastes so much better than the packaged stuff. For the last several years, I've written down the following recipe for every bridal shower I've attended where I was asked to bring a recipe. I finally decided that I should post it here. Serve with your favorite taco topping or as a salad or nachos. This recipe may also be used with ground turkey.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Coat a large skillet with spray oil.
- 2Add ground beef to skillet along with garlic.
- 3Cook over medium heat until browned - about 10 minutes.
- 4Add dried onion, chili powder, oregano, cumin, salt, cinnamon and red pepper and stir well.
- 5Add tomato paste and beef broth.
- 6Bring to a boil and reduce heat, simmering until the liquid is reduced - about 15-20 minutes.
- 7Serve with your favorite taco toppings.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ground Beef Taco Filling
Serving Size: 1 (192 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 275.1
- Calories from Fat 157
- Total Fat 17.5 g
- Saturated Fat 6.7 g
- Cholesterol 77.1 mg
- Sodium 998.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 2.5 g
- Protein 22.8 g