Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
A yummy, quick, ground beef casserole with a taco taste. Easy on the budget, easy to change to your taste. This may not win any gourmet awards, but my boys eat it - enough said.
- Brown ground beef, adding Taco seasoning when nearly browned with juice from tomato can, I leave in the fat from the burger, drain of you like before adding the seasoning.
- Add tomatoes, cheese soup, and corn.
- Meanwhile, crush the bag of tortilla chips, using more or less of the bag to line the bottom of your casserole dish.
- Pour the heated beef mix on top and bake at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes, adding shredded cheese to top for 5 minutes or so.
- Serve with whatever you like to accompany mexican dishes - sour cream, fresh tomatoes, lettuce, salsa, etc.
This was really good. Of course I made a few changes, mainly because I couldn't find what I was supposed to do with the rice. LOL! I made mine as a "skillet meal" and used chili seasoning instead of taco, and Velveeta instead of cheese soup. I added everything together in a skillet with a can of black beans. Put shredded cheese and lettuce on top and gave the family their choice of tortilla chips or soft flour shells. Turned out fantastic!