Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
I don't remember where this came from. If you like stuffing, this is a great version and a meal in itself. A lean beef is better in this.
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup celery, minced
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning, to taste
- 12 slices dry bread, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 2 cans cream of mushroom soup (undiluted)
- 1 cup milk
- 2 lbs ground beef (I use ground round)
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Mix onion, celery, poultry seasoning and bread cubes.
- Add one can of the soup and the milk.
- Set aside.
- In a large bowl mix the ground beef and the mustard and Worcestershire.
- Add the bread mixture.
- Mix thoroughly.
- Spread into a 9x13 pan.
- Spread the other can of cream of mushroom soup over the top.
- Bake at 375 for about 1 hour (maybe a little less).
- If this starts to get brown on top or looks too dry, cover with foil.
Very nice meal. Very hearty. I would say it could serve more like 12 - 14 hehe. I cut the recipe in half and baked in a 9x9 pan. I Had the consistancy of meatloaf that doesnt hold its shape. Baking time took about 40 minutes.
Great for potluck! Very filling and flavorful-thank you!
This was good and very filling! I switched up the cream of mushroom for a creamy veg. and it still came out well. Next time I make it I'll change up the soup again...maybe a cream of broccoli!