Recipe by Cindy Hartlin
We had these not too long ago and we both decided that they needed a little more seasoning. We put a little hot pepper sauce on them and they were much better. I would probably include 2 teaspoons in the meat mix the next time that I make them.
Top Review by jabow46
Loved the recipe, but had to change up a bit. Next time I will pre-cook rice, (rice was not thoroughly cooked), and add corn. I added 8-oz. tomato sauce, 1 tsp. garlic powder, 1 tsp. onion powder, 1 tsp. Italian seasoning, 1 tsp. sugar, 3 tsp. of worcestershire sauce, topped with Italian bread crumbs. Yum !!!!
- 6 large green peppers
- 1 lb beef, Ground
- 1⁄2 cup onion, Chopped
- 1 (16 ounce) can tomatoes, diced
- 1⁄2 cup long grain rice, any avalable rice is fine it may afect cooking time though
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, Shredded (about 4 ounces)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut off the tops of green peppers; discard seeds and membranes.
- Chop enough of the tops to make 1/4 cup, set aside.
- Cook the whole green peppers, uncovered in boiling water for about 5 minutes; invert to drain well.
- Sprinkle insides of the peppers lightly with salt.
- In a skillet cook ground beef, onion and 1/4 cup chopped pepper till meat is browned and vegetables are tender.
- Drain off excess fat. Add drained tomatoes, salt, Worcestershire, and a dash of pepper.
- in a separate pot put water bring to boil add rice cook until rice is soft. if needed add more water.
- add rice to beef mixture.
- Stir in cheese. Stuff peppers with meat mixture. Place in a 10x6x2 baking dish.
- Bake, covered in a 350 degree oven for 30 minutes. in the last 5 minutes add any remaining cheese to the top of the peppers.