We had these not too long ago and we both decided that they needed a little more seasoning. We put a little hot pepper sauce on them and they were much better. I would probably include 2 teaspoons in the meat mix the next time that I make them.
- Cut tops from green peppers; discard seeds and membranes.
- Chop enough of the tops to make 1/4 cup, set aside.
- Cook the whole green peppers, uncovered in boiling water for about 5 minutes; invert to drain well.
- Sprinkle insides of peppers lightly with salt. In a skillet cook ground beef, onion and 1/4 cup chopped pepper till meat is browned and vegetables are tender.
- Drain off excess fat. Add undrained tomatoes, uncooked rice, water, salt, Worcestershire, and a dash of pepper.
- Bring to boiling, reduce heat. Cover and simmer about 20 minutes or till rice is tender.
- Stir in cheese. Stuff peppers with meat mixture. Place in a 10x6x2 baking dish.
- Bake, covered in a 350 degree oven for 30 minutes.