1/36 Photos of Ground Beef Stuffed Green Bell Peppers With Cheese
1 hr 15 mins
Cindy Hartlin's Note:
We had these not too long ago and we both decided that they needed a little more seasoning. We put a little hot pepper sauce on them and they were much better. I would probably include 2 teaspoons in the meat mix the next time that I make them.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut tops from green peppers; discard seeds and membranes.
- 2Chop enough of the tops to make 1/4 cup, set aside.
- 3Cook the whole green peppers, uncovered in boiling water for about 5 minutes; invert to drain well.
- 4Sprinkle insides of peppers lightly with salt. In a skillet cook ground beef, onion and 1/4 cup chopped pepper till meat is browned and vegetables are tender.
- 5Drain off excess fat. Add undrained tomatoes, uncooked rice, water, salt, Worcestershire, and a dash of pepper.
- 6Bring to boiling, reduce heat. Cover and simmer about 20 minutes or till rice is tender.
- 7Stir in cheese. Stuff peppers with meat mixture. Place in a 10x6x2 baking dish.
- 8Bake, covered in a 350 degree oven for 30 minutes.
Browse Our Top Long-Grain Rice Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Long-Grain Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ground Beef Stuffed Green Bell Peppers With Cheese
Serving Size: 1 (770 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1389.4
- Calories from Fat 1087
- Total Fat 120.8 g
- Saturated Fat 52.8 g
- Cholesterol 189.3 mg
- Sodium 1088.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 49.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.2 g
- Sugars 13.4 g
- Protein 28.4 g