Top Review by dancingcrystal2007
I don't like bell peppers, but this was freakin' great! The family absolutely loved it and I am definately going to cook this again. I'm not a really experienced cook, but this was really easy!
- 1 lb beef, Ground
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 (28 ounce) can tomato sauce, divided
- 1 1⁄4 cups water, divided
- 1 (1 ounce) envelope garlic & herb salad dressing mix
- 1 cup white minute rice, uncooked
- 4 large green peppers, halved
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt & pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown meat and onion in a large skillet on medium heat. Stir in 1 cup of the tomato sauce, 1 cup of the water and salad dressing mix.
- Bring to boil.
- Stir in rice, cover.
- Remove from heat and let stand for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile cut tops off peppers, remove seeds and cu in half.
- Mix remaining tomato sauce, and water in the bottom of a 9 x 13 baking disk.
- Place peppers in dish.
- Spoon meat mixture into peppers, cover with foil.
- Bake at 400 for 35-40 minutes.
- Spoon sauce over peppers before serving.
- Crockpot Stuffed Peppers Ready In: 7 - 9 hours Servings: 4 8 small green and/or red -peppers (tops removed and -seeded) 1 10 oz. pkg. frozen corn 1 lb Ground chuck (browned and -drained) 1 8 oz. can tomato sauce 1/4 tsp Salt 1/2 tsp Garlic salt 1/4 tsp Pepper 1 cup Shredded cheese (I use -Cheddar or Swiss) 1/2 tsp Worcestershire sauce 1/4 cup Chopped onion 2 Tbsp Ketchup.
- Wash peppers and drain Combine all remaining ingredients except ketchup in mixing bowl.
- Stir well.
- Stuff peppers 2/3 full.
- Pour 3 Tbsp of water in crock pot. Arrange stuffed peppers in crock pot. Pour ketchup over top of peppers.
- Cover and cook on low 7-9 hours or high 3-4 hours.