- Brown meat and onion in a large skillet on medium heat. Stir in 1 cup of the tomato sauce, 1 cup of the water and salad dressing mix.
- Bring to boil.
- Stir in rice, cover.
- Remove from heat and let stand for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile cut tops off peppers, remove seeds and cu in half.
- Mix remaining tomato sauce, and water in the bottom of a 9 x 13 baking disk.
- Place peppers in dish.
- Spoon meat mixture into peppers, cover with foil.
- Bake at 400 for 35-40 minutes.
- Spoon sauce over peppers before serving.
- Crockpot Stuffed Peppers Ready In: 7 - 9 hours Servings: 4 8 small green and/or red -peppers (tops removed and -seeded) 1 10 oz. pkg. frozen corn 1 lb Ground chuck (browned and -drained) 1 8 oz. can tomato sauce 1/4 tsp Salt 1/2 tsp Garlic salt 1/4 tsp Pepper 1 cup Shredded cheese (I use -Cheddar or Swiss) 1/2 tsp Worcestershire sauce 1/4 cup Chopped onion 2 Tbsp Ketchup.
- Wash peppers and drain Combine all remaining ingredients except ketchup in mixing bowl.
- Stir well.
- Stuff peppers 2/3 full.
- Pour 3 Tbsp of water in crock pot. Arrange stuffed peppers in crock pot. Pour ketchup over top of peppers.
- Cover and cook on low 7-9 hours or high 3-4 hours.
I don't like bell peppers, but this was freakin' great! The family absolutely loved it and I am definately going to cook this again. I'm not a really experienced cook, but this was really easy!
Used ranch dressing mix along with garlic herb spaghetti sauce for tomato sauce. I parboiled peppers and uncovered and topped with cheese for last 5 minutes
These were excellent! We used ground pork and substituted the tomato sauce for garlic and onion spaghetti sauce, added some boursin cheese, italian seasoning and some adobo seasoning then sprinkled these with mozzarella cheese.