Prep 0 mins
Cook 45 mins
- 1 lb ground beef
- 4 -6 bell peppers (depending on size)
- 6 -8 slices bread (either fresh or stale)
- 1 tablespoon italian seasoning
- 2 -3 tablespoons v 8 vegetable juice or 2 -3 tablespoons tomato juice
- 1 roma tomato (or equivalent)
- 1 tablespoon dried breadcrumbs (store bought)
- 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese, grated
- Brown the ground beef and finely dice the tomato.
- Add the V-8 or tomato juice and seasoning until all ingredients are warm then remove from heat. Roll the bread slices in your hands over the meat sauce one at a time and mix with the sauce. ( you want enough bread to soak up the liquid to make the final product moist but not soupy). Remove the tops and all seeds from the peppers.
- Spoon enough of the meat mixture into each pepper to fill to the top.
- Sprinkle the breadcrumbs and then the cheese on top of each filled pepper so that the meat mixture is covered.
- Place the peppers in a casserole dish with approx 1/4 inch water and cook in a 350 d egree oven until each pepper is soft to the touch (approx 45-60 minutes). This recipe can also be used for stuffed tomatoes but the cooking time will be shorter.
- Enjoy !
eh. i wasn't that impressed. i thought it was kind of bland.
Real easy and guest loved it! The Italian twist gives it a nice mediteraneen taste!