Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Really yummy recipe. My own creation based on lots of other stroganoff recipes out there. Makes great left-overs :)
- 1 lb ground beef, browned
- 1⁄2 lb egg noodles, cooked
- 2 1⁄4 tablespoons real butter
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons beef bouillon granules
- 1 1⁄2 cups boiling water
- 4 1⁄2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- Brown beef and drain. Cook egg noodles according to package directions (or use my recipe for homemade noodles). Set aside.
- In a small cup, dissolve bullion granules in boiling water or use 1 1/2c. hot beef broth.
- Melt butter in medium sauce pan. Add in all-purpose flour and whisk until smooth. Add hot broth and stir continuously while simmering for 3-4 minutes.
- After butter mixture resembles gravy, remove from heat and stir in sour cream and mustard.
- Place beef and noodles in pan and stir to coat with gravy. Heat thoroughly, but don't boil.
wonderful! tasted just like hamburger helper. added onions and garlic to the beef as it was cooking.
Super tasty! I didn't have egg noodles on hand, so I used jumbo shells. I stuffed them with the stroganoff filling and froze them. They reheated easily. GREAT recipe! I'll never go back to the box!
Delicious and so easy. Much better than any boxed mix. I was out of beef bouillon and used chicken instead. Also sauteed a small onion and a few garlic cloves in a little coconut oil before adding beef to brown. Added additional garlic powder and a sprinkle of cayenne pepper. It would also be great with chicken instead of beef. Reminds me of a favorite dish from macaroni grill from years ago. Thank you for sharing this recipe.