Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a great comfort food. I do not like to cook with canned soups and prefer my stroganoff with no tomato sauce or ketsup. We joke about cup-a-cup-a-cup like in Steel magnolias, because all the measurements are in cups. Perfect for a quick week night meal or for company
- 453.59 g ground beef
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 29.58 ml olive oil
- 236.59 ml mushroom, sliced
- 236.59 ml onion, sliced and quartered
- 236.59 ml beef bouillon
- 236.59 ml sour cream
- 236.59 ml heavy cream
- 340.19 g noodles, cooked and drained
- Brown ground beef in a large sauce pan over medium high heat.
- Remove from pan, add olive oil, garlic, onions and mushrooms, saute till lightly browned.
- Put ground beef back into pan and add Bullion, Sour cream and Cream.
- Cook through till thickened.
- Serve over egg noodles.
This is super tasty! I added about 1-2 tablespoons of Worcestershire sauce to it. YUM! Also, I mixed the noodles in with the sauce before serving, and topped with a little parmesan. My kids all had seconds!
Fabulous! I used some extra seasonings suited to our taste and my daughter and I both loved it. I'm going to be making this easy and delicious recipe again. I like the hamburger helper version of stroganoff (ew, I know!) but this blew that silly glove right out of the water! Thanks!
This was a quick, easy recipe. I'll definitely make it again. I used a can of beef stock instead of bullion. I gave it 4 stars because it lacked a little flavor. I'll be experimenting with extra seasonings next time. Thanks for the alternative to Hamburger Helper! :)