Recipe by LisaS KY
This is one of my mother's recipes that I've made for years now, and my kids love it! I love how easy it is to prepare, and how flexible you can be. Can be served on egg noodles, crunchy chow mein noodles, or even rice!
Top Review by WendyMaq
I haven't had stroganoff in so long!! I was thrilled that it was so easy to throw together. I did substitute the cream of chicken soup for cream of mushroom and added some Worcestershire sauce. My husband added some red wine to his... he seemed very pleased.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs lean ground beef or 1 1⁄2 lbs ground turkey
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 (6 ounce) jar sliced mushrooms (optional)
- 1 cup sour cream
- Combine meat, flour, salt, pepper and paprika.
- In a large skillet, cook onion in butter until golden.
- Add meat and brown while stirring.
- Add cream of chicken soup and mushrooms (if desired) and cook 5 minutes.
- Add sour cream and heat thoroughly.
- Serve on Chow Mein Noodles, egg noodles or rice.