Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 25 mins
Cook 25 mins
This makes a hearty dinner when you are running short on time.
Make and share this Ground Beef Stew over Garlic Mashed Potatoes recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 lb lean ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 cup frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 (12 ounce) jar beef gravy
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (7 1/4 ounce) box instant roasted garlic mashed potatoes
- 2 1⁄2 cups hot water
- 1 1⁄3 cups milk
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- Brown ground beef and onion in large nonstick skillet until meat is thoroughly cooked and onions are tender. Drain excess fat if necessary.
- Add mixed vegetables, tomatoes, gravy, marjoram and pepper. Bring to a boil. Simmer over low heat 8 to 10 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Meanwhile, in medium saucepan, bring hot water, milk and butter to a rapid boil. Remove from heat. Stir in both pouches of potatoes and seasoning just until moistened. Let stand about 1 minute or until liquid is absorbed. Whip with fork until smooth. Serve stew over potatoes.