Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I feed my pups homemade dog food in the mornings then let them nibble on kibble throughout the day. I also make my own dog biscuits,(at least you know whats in them)!
- In large pot brown ground beef, (do not drain off fat as dogs do require some fat in their diets) Add all other ingredients and bring to a boil.
- Cover and simmer gently for 45 minutes.
- Check and stir periodically, if too thick add a little more water.
- After 45 minutes it should look like a cross between soup and stew.
- Let cool, and it will thicken up some more.
- Put into individual serving size containers and freeze.
- (I have 2 poodles so I freeze in 1 cup containers and they each get 1/2 cup in the mornings).
- Larger containers for larger dogs.
- When ready to serve, remove lid and microwave until lukewarm, stir and make sure there are no hot spots!