1/2 Photos of Ground Beef Shepherd's Pie
I grew up on this delicious comfort food - it was one of my favorite meals. Now I make it for my husband and myself! The nice thing about this recipe is you can fit it to your own likes. Instead of mixed vegatbles, you can use a can of corn, peas... or half and half! Mom always did peas and corn, I prefer mixed vegetables. Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 lbs ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can beef gravy
- 1 (15 ounce) can mixed vegetables, drained
- 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 1/2 cups mashed potatoes (I use Instant, boxed)
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can beef gravy, for topping
- 1In a large skillet, cook the beef, onion and garlic over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- 2Stir in the gravy, vegetables, worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper.
- 3Transfer to a 1 1/2 quart baking dish.
- 4Spread mashed potatoes over the top.
- 5Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees for 25 minutes or until heated through.
- 6When serving, place 'spoonful' of gravy on top of each individual portion.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ground Beef Shepherd's Pie
Serving Size: 1 (576 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 615.5
- Calories from Fat 270
- Total Fat 30.0 g
- Saturated Fat 12.1 g
- Cholesterol 122.7 mg
- Sodium 1650.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.1 g
- Sugars 5.6 g
- Protein 42.7 g