Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
I like to add pickled jalapenos to this.
- 2 medium pita breads
- 400 g minced beef
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 140 g approx your favourite pizza sauce
- 1 medium capsicum, chopped (red or green)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 250 g mozzarella cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to 200°C
- In a frypan, cook the meat while breaking up into small bits with a fork. Use as little oil as possible. The meat should be well cooked and quite crumbly. Drain off any fat.
- In a separate pan heat 1 tablespoon of oil and cook onion and capsicum until soft. Place onto kitchen towel to absorb any excess oil then add to the meat and stir to combine.
- Spread the pita breads with the pizza sauce. Top with half the cheese, then add the beef mixture and the other half of the cheese.
- Bake until cheese is melted and golden, about 20 minutes.