Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is my kind of favorite pizza. I have not try this one but this is almost the same as the one I did without any recipe. This is from the issue of November 2005, Coup de Pouce. ETA : I made it on July 24, 2011. I used 1 lb of lean ground beef. And also a store-bought dough already made. I made this pizza sauce : Herbed Pizza Sauce I added chopped red bell pepper. DH said 10 stars and he didn't know it was my recipe.
- 226.79 g lean ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2.46 ml dried oregano
- 1.23 ml salt
- 1.23 ml fresh black pepper
- 453.59 g pizza dough (for 1 pizza)
- 59.14 ml pizza sauce
- 177.44 ml cheddar cheese, grated
- 177.44 ml mozzarella cheese, grated
- In a skillet, cook ground beef, onion, garlic, oregano, salt and pepper at medium-high heat, stirring from time to time, 3 to 5 minutes or until beef is no longer pink. Drain any fat. Set aside.
- On a lightly floured surface, lower the dough in a circle of 12 inches of diameter. Put on a greased pizza plate. Spread sauce on the pizza dough. Garnish with beef preparation and sprinkle with cheddar and mozzarella cheeses. Cook on the lowest grill in a preheated oven of 500 F for about 10 minutes or until cheese is bubbling and crust is golden and slighly inflated.
This was great. I like it better this way rather then sausage. I did add fennel seeds, because we like the flavor. For the dough I tried a new recipe, The World's Best Bread Machine Pizza Dough Recipe, 131607. I highly recommend this also.
Perfect. I made just as written and my family loved it. Thank you for sharing with us.
Not bad...Will be making it again.