Top Review by Solamega
This dish was incredibly easy to make, and delicious to eat! My husband is excited that I have found recipes that he grew up enjoying! This is an authentic recipe, and a great comfort food!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons adobo seasoning
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup finely diced green pepper
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic or 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon red wine
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup pimiento, diced
- 1⁄4 cup pitted Spanish olives, , sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- Season the meat with the adobo and set aside.
- In a skillet, heat oil on medium.
- Stir in the onion, green pepper and garlic and cook until the vegetables are tender and just slightly colored.
- Stir in the meat, breaking it up as you brown it.
- When browned, pour off the excess fat.
- Stir in the oregano and cook for 1 minute.
- Stir in the tomato sauce, wine, vinegar, water, pimientos and olives.
- Bring to a boil, lower heat, cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Stir occasionally.