Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons adobo seasoning
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup finely diced green pepper
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic or 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon red wine
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup pimiento, diced
- 1⁄4 cup pitted Spanish olives, , sliced
- Season the meat with the adobo and set aside.
- In a skillet, heat oil on medium.
- Stir in the onion, green pepper and garlic and cook until the vegetables are tender and just slightly colored.
- Stir in the meat, breaking it up as you brown it.
- When browned, pour off the excess fat.
- Stir in the oregano and cook for 1 minute.
- Stir in the tomato sauce, wine, vinegar, water, pimientos and olives.
- Bring to a boil, lower heat, cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Stir occasionally.
This dish was incredibly easy to make, and delicious to eat! My husband is excited that I have found recipes that he grew up enjoying! This is an authentic recipe, and a great comfort food!
i made this with ground turkey to be healthier, and we loved it! i minced the olives so we would taste them in every bite and used red pepper instead of green because of our preference. served it with black beans and brown rice. tasted just like the picadillo i had the other night at the latin restaurant but not as greasy. yum!
This has good flavor and we liked it a lot! I have been searching for a good picadillo recipe and it looks like I finally have it. Thank you!