Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
Simple and delicious pasta sauce which can be used as dipping sauce too.
Make and share this Ground Beef Pasta Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 lb lean ground beef
- 2 tomatoes (diced)
- 1 onion (minced)
- 1 carrot (minced)
- 2 stalks celery (minced)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder or 1 teaspoon minced garlic clove
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil or 1 1⁄2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 tablespoon tomato paste
- 6 ounces tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon chili powder (berbere) or 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 4 bay leaves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon basil
- 1 cup water (or more)
- salt and black pepper
- In a medium pot, mix the meat, onion, garlic and in a lower heat sauté for 5 minutes.
- To the cooking meat, add the celery, fresh tomatoes, tomato paste, tomato sauce, chili powder (berbere) or crushed pepper, paprika, carrot; stir well for 5 minutes in a lower heat.
- Add to the sauce, water, bay leaves and basil; cook the sauce for 20 minutes or until simmers.
- Add black pepper and salt; mix well; remove from heat.
- Serve it warm with pasta or rice. Keep it in fridge.