Recipe by yewoinfamilycooking
Simple and delicious pasta sauce which can be used as dipping sauce too.
- 1⁄2 lb lean ground beef
- 2 tomatoes (diced)
- 1 onion (minced)
- 1 carrot (minced)
- 2 stalks celery (minced)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder or 1 teaspoon minced garlic clove
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil or 1 1⁄2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 tablespoon tomato paste
- 6 ounces tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon chili powder (berbere) or 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 4 bay leaves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon basil
- 1 cup water (or more)
- salt and black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium pot, mix the meat, onion, garlic and in a lower heat sauté for 5 minutes.
- To the cooking meat, add the celery, fresh tomatoes, tomato paste, tomato sauce, chili powder (berbere) or crushed pepper, paprika, carrot; stir well for 5 minutes in a lower heat.
- Add to the sauce, water, bay leaves and basil; cook the sauce for 20 minutes or until simmers.
- Add black pepper and salt; mix well; remove from heat.
- Serve it warm with pasta or rice. Keep it in fridge.