Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 10 mins
Make and share this Ground Beef Oriental recipe from Food.com.
- Saute' onions and celery in butter; add uncooked rice and ground beef. Brown.
- Combine soup, water, soy sauce, pepper and bean sprouts.
- Place into buttered casserole dish.
- Add onion and meat mixture.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes, covered.
- Bake, uncovered, for an additional 30 minutes.
- Serve over noodles, chinese noodles or rice.
When I saw this recipe it reminded me of something my mother used to make. It was very easy to put together and good but it didn't quite taste how I remembered it. I used sesame oil instead of butter and only 1/2 cup celery because I added about 3/4 cup of thinly sliced carrots and chopped green pepper. It is definitely comfort food. I think I would add more veggies and sprouts next time and use 1/2 the fat soup to lighten it up. Thanks for posting.