Prep 5 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is a great, fast, and easy recipe, with minimal cleanup. It's a very hearty dish, which is great for a cold winter day. NOTE: My recipes are notoriously salty, since I'm a salt-o-holic, so you may want to adjust the ingredients to satisfy your own sodium intake.
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 3 (10 1/2 ounce) cans cream of mushroom soup
- 2 (1 ounce) packets onion soup mix
- 1 (10 ounce) jar sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 (14 ounce) can beef broth
- 4 tablespoons butter or 4 tablespoons margarine
- 1 (12 ounce) package egg noodles
- black pepper (to taste)
- Brown ground beef.
- Add onions during browning.
- Drain grease.
- Add cans of Cream of Mushroom Soup.
- Add packets of Onion Soup Mix.
- Over low-medium heat, stir mixture until smooth.
- Add mushrooms.
- Add Beef Broth.
- Add black pepper.
- Stir thoroughly until well-mixed.
- Reduce heat to simmer.
- Simmer for 20-30 minutes, covered.
- Cook egg noodles in separate pot, according to directions.
- While noodles are cooking, add butter or margarine.
- Stir and cover, continuing to simmer.
- Drain noodles, and return to pot.
- Add ground beef/soup/mushroom mixture to noodles, and stir thoroughly.
- Serve and enjoy.