Recipe by Fluffy
This spicy ground beef casserole is sort of an enchilada in a bowl without the tortillas.
Top Review by ilovejesus96
Great...easy idea! I added taco seasoning and used orzo noodles, because that is what I had. I also topped it off with some crushed Nacho Cheese Doritos...it was a nice addition!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 cup salsa
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 bunch green onion, chopped
- 1 (8 ounce) package wide egg noodles
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tomatoes, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large non stick skillet cook and stir ground beef until browned.
- Drain off excess fat.
- Stir in salsa and water.
- Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile cook pasta until al dente, drain.
- Stir in green pepper and onions and continue simmering until veggies are crisp tender.
- Stir in noodles and sour cream.
- Sprnkle grated cheese on top and cover pan until cheese melts.
- Sprinkle tomatoes on top and serve.