This spicy ground beef casserole is sort of an enchilada in a bowl without the tortillas.
Make and share this Ground Beef Mexican Style recipe from Food.com.
- In a large non stick skillet cook and stir ground beef until browned.
- Drain off excess fat.
- Stir in salsa and water.
- Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile cook pasta until al dente, drain.
- Stir in green pepper and onions and continue simmering until veggies are crisp tender.
- Stir in noodles and sour cream.
- Sprnkle grated cheese on top and cover pan until cheese melts.
- Sprinkle tomatoes on top and serve.
Great...easy idea! I added taco seasoning and used orzo noodles, because that is what I had. I also topped it off with some crushed Nacho Cheese Doritos...it was a nice addition!
This was really tasty and super easy to make. I added the ground pepper, cayenne pepper, cumin and cilantro like some of the other reviewers and I also added some marjoram. I was out of tomatos and green peppers but I added some chopped spinach instead which was really good. Served with mexican style corn on the side. Yummy! I will definitely make this again. Thanks!
Really easy and fast, a great weeknight meal. Very versitle. I added cumin, cayenne, chili powder, cilantro. Also added some sliced mushrooms. I was making it for two so I only wanted a half recipe. I winged it with the measurments and it came out great. I will make this again. thanks!