Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This all-purpose mix can be used for a variety of different uses, such as chili, beefaroni, pizza, spaghetti, sloppy joes and Spanish rice, etc. It is a lifesaver, when time is short after a busy workday. Meals can be prepared in a flash when this mix is on hand in the freezer...a real timesaver.
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 5 lbs ground beef
- 2 1⁄2 cups chopped onions
- 7 -8 cloves fresh minced garlic, to taste (optional)
- 1 cup green bell pepper, chopped
- 5 cups celery, chopped
- 5 (10 ounce) cans tomato soup, undiluted
- 5 (15 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 5 teaspoons salt or 5 teaspoons seasoning salt
- black pepper
- Set oven to 350 degrees.
- In a 8-quart oven-proof skillet, or roaster, melt butter over low heat.
- Crumble beef into skillet and increase heat.
- Cook until no more pink remains; add in onions, garlic (if using), green pepper and celery.
- Cook just until veggies are tender.
- Add soup, tomato sauce, salt and pepper; cover and bake in 350 degree oven for 1/2- 3/4 of an hour, stirring occasionally.
- Cool; divide into 5 freezer containers, and freeze.
This is a great recipe. I did cut it down without any problems at all. I made it exactly as directed and added cooked pasta and cheese, stuck it in the oven and melted the cheese and had a fantastic casserole.