Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
This was a mistake made when trying to make chop steak in gravy. We liked it, so it stayed. The beef has to be very lean, but if you don't have lean beef on hand, just drain the fat before you add the water and gravy mix.
- 2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1 large onion
- 4 -5 garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 -2 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3⁄4 cup brown gravy mix
- 3 cups water
- 1 -2 tablespoon cajun seasoning
- Chop onions and mince garlic and saute them in a large saucepan until they start to brown.
- Add ground beef, salt, pepper, cajun seasoning and worcestershire sauce and cook on med-high to high until browned.
- Add water and brown gravy mix and stir to combine.
- Once it comes to a boil lower to a simmer for 20 minutes.
- Serve over rice.