Recipe by gbmc3
My son loves this recipe and even ask for it for his birthday supper. My own recipe and I call it goulash. Very tasty and rich.
Top Review by KansasChef
Delicious recipe. I have made this many times now, and have developed a few changes. The 3 Tbsp. of soy sauce made the goulash a bit too salty for us, so now I only add about 1 Tbsp. I also use a can of tomato sauce, rather than tomato soup. I use a box of macaroni and cheese for the pasta and add in the powdered cheese, instead of Velveeta (less fat). Thanks for the great recipe!
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1⁄2 green bell pepper (chopped)
- 1 medium onion (chopped)
- 2 garlic cloves (chopped)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons kikomans soya sauce
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can tomato soup
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can water
- parmesan cheese
- Velveeta cheese
- 1⁄2 cup rice or 1⁄2 cup elbow macaroni
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown beef and drain the fat.
- Add bell pepper, onion and garlic, salt (go lightly) the soya sauce is very salty and pepper to taste.
- Add tomato soup and water, soya sauce.
- Put lid on and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Then add a little more water and rice OR elbow macaroni.
- Simmer with lid on for 15 minutes,stir.
- Add parmesan cheese, Velveeta cheese to the top (don't stir).
- Take off stove and keep lid on until cheese melts.
- Serve with garlic bread and tossed salad.