My son loves this recipe and even ask for it for his birthday supper. My own recipe and I call it goulash. Very tasty and rich.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1⁄2 green bell pepper (chopped)
- 1 medium onion (chopped)
- 2 garlic cloves (chopped)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons kikomans soya sauce
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can tomato soup
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can water
- parmesan cheese
- Velveeta cheese
- 1⁄2 cup rice or 1⁄2 cup elbow macaroni
- Brown beef and drain the fat.
- Add bell pepper, onion and garlic, salt (go lightly) the soya sauce is very salty and pepper to taste.
- Add tomato soup and water, soya sauce.
- Put lid on and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Then add a little more water and rice OR elbow macaroni.
- Simmer with lid on for 15 minutes,stir.
- Add parmesan cheese, Velveeta cheese to the top (don't stir).
- Take off stove and keep lid on until cheese melts.
- Serve with garlic bread and tossed salad.
This is REALLY good! It's so easy to make and it tastes fantastic. The only changes I made were that I used a pound of ground beef/pork that was left over after I made meatballs. I didn't add any salt because the soy sauce adds enough saltiness. And I used about 1 1/2 cups of elbow macaroni and just melted shredded cheddar over it. Seriously, I could eat this every day. It's so easy on the wallet, easy to make, and definitely easy to eat!
Delicious recipe. I have made this many times now, and have developed a few changes. The 3 Tbsp. of soy sauce made the goulash a bit too salty for us, so now I only add about 1 Tbsp. I also use a can of tomato sauce, rather than tomato soup. I use a box of macaroni and cheese for the pasta and add in the powdered cheese, instead of Velveeta (less fat). Thanks for the great recipe!
this was REALLY yummy!! my dear dear boyfriend was a bit skeptical at first when i told him what i was making...needless to say, he devoured it...then finished off the leftovers the next day! the flavor of this is so tasty, yet a little unusual (maybe cuz of the soy sauce). i didn't have a green pepper so i left that out, i also only used about 1 tbsp of soy sauce (which to me was plenty), and i used a full cup of macaroni, and instead of adding a can of water, i used a can of beef broth which really enhanced the flavor of the meat...then i topped it off with shredded cheddar (again, that's what i had). to me the beauty of this recipe is that this meal really is made with simple ingredients that you almost always have on hand...nothing fancy. we loved it and i'll definitely be making it again! thanks for a fast yummy EASY recipe! :-)