Prep 20 mins
Cook 50 mins
A family pleaser, what I consider 'comfort' food
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 lb sweet Italian sausage
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 16 ounces stewed tomatoes
- 6 ounces tomato paste
- 2 cups elbow macaroni
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- Cook and drain pasta, rinse under hot water. Brown and drain ground beef, sausage, garlic, onion and celery. Stir all remaining ingredients into a 3 qrt. casserole dish. Cover and bake at 350' for 30-40 minutes.
we did not like it because it tasted bland to us. Needed more seasoning, etc.
Made this today for my sister in-law who's been in the hospital all week. Putting together several meals for her and her DH. I always follow recipes the first time, but after tastlng this I thought it needed some cheese so added some to it. Other than than pretty quick and easy to make. My DH had to sneak a bite and he gave it 2 thumbs up.
Good. Used boxed mac & cheese since I didn't have any other pasta in the house.