Recipe by Hey Jude
This is a great 'after-work' meal. I serve it with steamed rice and a green salad.
Top Review by MrsMM
I don't know why this is so good but it just is! I was tempted to fuddle with it and use ground turkey or chicken, but I went for the beef, and it was great. I also had to use cashews vs. almonds because it's what I had, AND I added some red chili pepper. We both ate 2 bowlfuls- and I'll make it again likely this week. Thanks!
- 1⁄2 cup slivered almonds
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1⁄2 cups thinly sliced green beans or 1 1⁄2 cups zucchini or 1 1⁄2 cups edible pea pods
- 4 eggs
- soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Spread almonds in a shallow pan and toast in a 350° oven for about 6 minutes, or until golden; set aside.
- Crumble beef into a wide frying pan over medium heat and cook, stirring often, until browned; add onion and garlic and cook until onion is soft; add green beans (or zucchini or pea pods) and cook, stirring often, until just tender, about 3-5 minutes.
- In a small bowl, beat eggs slightly; then beat in 1 tablespoon soy, ginger, mustard and pepper.
- Pour egg mixture over meat and cook until egg is set to your liking, lifting and turning mixture to cook it evenly.
- Top with almonds; pass additional soy at the table.