Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a great 'after-work' meal. I serve it with steamed rice and a green salad.
- 1⁄2 cup slivered almonds
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1⁄2 cups thinly sliced green beans or 1 1⁄2 cups zucchini or 1 1⁄2 cups edible pea pods
- 4 eggs
- soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- Spread almonds in a shallow pan and toast in a 350° oven for about 6 minutes, or until golden; set aside.
- Crumble beef into a wide frying pan over medium heat and cook, stirring often, until browned; add onion and garlic and cook until onion is soft; add green beans (or zucchini or pea pods) and cook, stirring often, until just tender, about 3-5 minutes.
- In a small bowl, beat eggs slightly; then beat in 1 tablespoon soy, ginger, mustard and pepper.
- Pour egg mixture over meat and cook until egg is set to your liking, lifting and turning mixture to cook it evenly.
- Top with almonds; pass additional soy at the table.
I don't know why this is so good but it just is! I was tempted to fuddle with it and use ground turkey or chicken, but I went for the beef, and it was great. I also had to use cashews vs. almonds because it's what I had, AND I added some red chili pepper. We both ate 2 bowlfuls- and I'll make it again likely this week. Thanks!
This is just so funky and good! We all agreed it tasted great. Wanted to make something a little off the beaten path with ground beef one evening, and this looked intriguing. I used julienned snow peas for the vegetable, along with sliced almonds (instead of slivered). We thought the nuts were great in this. Next time I will probably not mix the soy sauce into the eggs, just because it turns them a muddy dark brown. I'll add just the eggs and let them set and then toss on a little soy sauce after that. We brought the skillet to the table and, alas, we ate every last bite. Kids, too, gave this a big thumbs-up. Thanks!
This is very good. I made it just like the recipe said,But, next time I make this I am going to add another egg.I used french style canned green beans. Which I think worked very well. Thank you Judy, I will be making this again. Barb