Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
All that I can say is that I tasted this at a pot-luck buffet dinner, and it is WONDERFUL!!!
- 2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup onion (finely diced)
- 1 lb frozen spinach (thawed and drained)
- 1 (8 ounce) package Philadelphia Cream Cheese (softened)
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 2 -3 cups shredded cheese (4 or 6 blend)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄8 teaspoon nutmeg
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a large baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large skillet, brown the ground beef and onion. Add the spinach, garlic powder and dry mustard, and cook until the meat is done.
- In a large bowl, combine the softened cream cheese, heavy cream, Parmesan, nutmeg, salt and pepper to taste and mix well.
- Combine the cream cheese mixture and the meat mixture in the large bowl.
- Spoon the entire combined mixture into the large baking dish. Top with the 4 or 6 blend shredded cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, for 30 minutes or until bubbly and slightly golden browned.
Quick and easy meal to throw together at the end of the work day. A new way to use up ground beef. I used fresh spinach leaves, about 1 c. of chopped onion and added 3 cloves of garlic, minced. Served over rice.
This was very good. It disspeared quickly. I think next time I will add some ceyenne pepper to it as someone else suggested and maybe even serve this over egg noodles. Thank you!
I really enjoyed this. I did make a few changes. I cooked a blade roast in my crockpot the night before (I prefer shredded beef to ground beef). I added 2 tbsp emeril southwestern spice. I also used fresh spinach versus frozen. I'll certainly be making this again -- great dinner for a low carber.