1/5 Photos of Ground Beef Enchiladas
For great tasting enchiladas with homemade sauce, you have to try this one! It's the only one I make!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup shortening
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups water
- 2 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 3 teaspoons beef bouillon granules
- 1In skillet put in shortening and melt, add flour and cook just until lightly browned (be careful don't do it to long).
- 2Add seasonings making a paste.
- 3Add water gradually then add tomato sauce and add beef granules.
- 4Cook until thick stirring constantly.
- 5In separate skillet, cook ground beef and onions until done; drain.
- 6Salt and pepper to taste.
- 7Place 1/2 cup oil in pan and heat.
- 8Heat the tortillas in oil, one by one.
- 9Dip the tortillas in the sauce.
- 10Add 2 or 3 tablespoons ground beef mixture to each tortilla and a sprinkle of olives to each and a little sprinkle of cheese.
- 11In a 9x13 pan spread a thin layer of sauce on bottom.
- 12Roll up enchiladas and place in pan.
- 13Cover enchiladas with remaining sauce and cheese and sprinkle with olives.
- 14Bake in oven at 350°F degrees for 30 minutes.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ground Beef Enchiladas
Serving Size: 1 (458 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 904.7
- Calories from Fat 610
- Total Fat 67.8 g
- Saturated Fat 23.8 g
- Cholesterol 136.6 mg
- Sodium 1614.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.5 g
- Sugars 5.2 g
- Protein 40.6 g