Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Ground Beef Enchiladas
- 1 1⁄3 lbs ground beef
- 19 ounces enchilada sauce
- 16 ounces fat-free refried beans
- 2 cups kraft Mexican blend cheese
- 6 large flour tortillas
- 4 1⁄2 ounces chopped green chilies, half liquid drained
- 1 small onion, diced
- hot sauce (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a skillet brown the ground beef and onions. Drain the fat from the skillet.
- Add chopped green chilies with remaining half of liquid from the can. Add hot sauce if desired. Stir to mix. Add about a third to a half of the enchilada sauce to the meat mixture. (Don't add so much though, that the mixture is soupy.)
- Coat the bottom of a 13x9 inch baking dish with enchilada sauce. It doesn't have to be a lot, just enough so the tortillas don't stick after baking.
- Lay a tortilla in the baking dish, sprinkle it with cheese, and spoon 1/6th of the meat mixture into the tortilla. Roll the tortilla up and leave it seam side down in the dish. Repeat this step with the remaining meat and tortillas. The six should take up enough room to span the entire baking dish. Toward the end you won't be able to fully lie the tortillas in the dish but you can just lie them on top of the completed ones, roll them and place them in the dish.
- Spread the refried beans over the enchiladas.
- Pour the remaining enchilada sauce over the beans. Sprinkle the remaining cheese over the enchiladas.
- Bake at 350 for about 30 mins or until hot and bubbly.
- Remove from the oven and let sit for about 5 mins to cool.