Recipe by AnneBear
This is the recipe my mom always uses for enchiladas, and nothing else compares for me! This also can be prepared ahead of time, as it freezes well and can be warmed up in the oven when you need a quick meal.
- 1 (1 1/2 ounce) packetpowdered dry enchilada mix
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 3 cups water
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 cup grated Mexican blend cheese
- 6 (8 inch) flour tortillas or 6 (8 inch) corn tortillas
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine sauce mix with tomato paste and three cups water in a medium sauce pan. Bring to boil, reduce heat and simmer 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, brown ground beef in a skillet. Drain fat.
- Add garlic salt, parsley flakes, chili powder, and vinegar, and mix well.
- Add 1/4 cup of the prepared sauce to the ground beef mixture.
- Pour 1/2 cup of sauce in a 12 x 8 x 2 baking dish.
- Place 1/4 cup of meat mixture on each of the tortillas.
- Roll tortillas and place seam side down in the baking dish.
- Pour remaining sauce over enchiladas.
- Sprinkle top with grated cheese.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for 20 minutes; OR microwave for 10 minutes on 70% power.