1/5 Photos of Ground Beef Enchilada Casserole
1 hr 15 mins
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 453.59 g ground beef
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 29.58 ml minced fresh garlic
- 1 small green bell pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 9.85 ml dried chili pepper flakes (optional)
- 14.79 ml seasoning salt (or to taste or use white salt)
- black pepper
- 113.39 g can green chilies, diced
- 12 (72 inch) corn tortillas (cut into about 1-1/2-inch pieces)
- 283.49 g can cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 354.88 ml canned sliced black olives
- 295.73 ml red enchilada sauce (I use my own recipe for this)
- 118.29 ml sour cream
- 828.06 ml cheddar cheese (or use a Mexi-blend cheese)
- 2 firm tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 1Set oven to 400 degrees.
- 2Grease an 11 x 7-inch casserole dish.
- 3In a large skillet cook the ground beef with the green chiles, onions, garlic, bell pepper, dried chili flakes (if using) and chili powder; cook over medium heat until beef is no longer pink; drain fat completely (you can prepare this mixture up to a day in advance and refrigerate).
- 4Season with seasoned salt and black pepper to taste then transfer to a large bowl.
- 5Stir in the tortilla pieces with cream of mushroom soup, black olives, enchilada sauce, sour cream and 1-1/2 cups shredded cheese; mix to combine.
- 6Transfer to prepared baking dish.
- 7Cover and bake for about 30 minutes.
- 8Uncover and sprinkle with about 2 cups (or more of shredded cheese then chopped tomatoes.
- 9Return to oven and bake uncovered until casserole is bubbly and the cheese has melted (about 8-10 minutes).
- 10Serve with toppings.
Browse Our Top Eggs/Dairy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ground Beef Enchilada Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (450 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 697.8
- Calories from Fat 403
- Total Fat 44.8 g
- Saturated Fat 21.9 g
- Cholesterol 130.5 mg
- Sodium 1513.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.3 g
- Sugars 8.6 g
- Protein 36.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: