Recipe by daisygrl64
A much simpler ground beef curry with potatoes. Serve over rice or serve as a stew with nana bread and some raita. From Canadian Living 2004 Issue.
Top Review by Sakeenah
I am surprised I'm only the 2nd person to review this because really it is amazing! It is very flavorful and very simple and easy to throw together. I used Patak's mild curry paste and I used fresh tomatoes instead of canned. Thanks so much, this will be a keeper
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup mild indian curry paste
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 2 potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1⁄4 cup fresh coriander, chopped
- 1 tablespoon of fresh mint, chopped (or 2 tsp dried)
Directions See How It's Made
- in nonstick skillet saute beef over med-high heat, breaking up with a spoon until no longer pink, about 5 minutes.
- drain off fat.
- transfer to a bowl. add oil to pan, fry onion, and jalapeno (if using) until golden, for about 4 minutes. add curry paste, cook stirring until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- stir in beef, tomatoes, potatoes and salt, cover and simmer until potatoes are tender, about 15 minutes.
- add peas, half of the coriander and the mint, heat through.
- sprinkle with remaining coriander and serve.