Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
You will need a deep-dish 10-inch pie plate for this or make in an 11 x 7-inch casserole dish, adjust jalapeño peppers to suit heat level or you may omit. I can tell you that this is delicious!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh garlic (or to taste)
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 -2 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped (optional)
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning mix (or use Kittencal's Taco Seasoning Mix)
- 1 (4 ounce) can green chilies (drained or undrained, or to taste)
- 1 (14 ounce) can pinto beans, undrained (or use black beans)
- water (only if needed)
- salt and black pepper (to taste)
- 1 (8 ounce) package refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
- 2 cups crushed tortilla chips, divided (can use a little more)
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 1⁄2 cups grated cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet brown the ground beef with onion, garlic, bell pepper and jalapeño pepper until meat is no longer pink; drain fat.
- Add in taco seasoning mix, undrained beans and green chilies; mix to combine and simmer for about 25-30 minutes, stirring occasionally (adding in only a small amount of water if the mixture is too thick (do not add too much water or the mixture will become thin).
- Season with salt and pepper to taste; remove from heat.
- Separate the crescent roll dough into 8 triangles.
- Place the triangles in an ungreased 10-inch deep dish pie plate, pressing perforations to form a pie crust (if you are using a square baking dish leave the crescents in square rectangles and fit into pan).
- Sprinkle 1 cup crushed tortilla chips over the crescent crust.
- Spoon the filling over the crust and corn chips.
- Spread the sour cream over the meat mixture.
- Sprinkle the cheddar cheese over the sour cream, then top with remaining 1 cups crushed tortilla chips.
- Bake at 375 degrees F (bottom oven rack) for about 20-25 minutes.
Made as directed - love the concept and it turned out great except we thought it was missing something - for our personal preference, we'll add salsa next time.
This is a GREAT dish! Served it with a good salsa and shredded lettuce.
Easy to make and my daughter "loved it".