You will need a deep-dish 10-inch pie plate for this or make in an 11 x 7-inch casserole dish, adjust jalapeño peppers to suit heat level or you may omit. I can tell you that this is delicious!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh garlic (or to taste)
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 -2 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped (optional)
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning mix (or use Kittencal's Taco Seasoning Mix)
- 1 (4 ounce) can green chilies (drained or undrained, or to taste)
- 1 (14 ounce) can pinto beans, undrained (or use black beans)
- water (only if needed)
- salt and black pepper (to taste)
- 1 (8 ounce) package refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
- 2 cups crushed tortilla chips, divided (can use a little more)
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 1/2 cups grated cheddar cheese
- 1In a large skillet brown the ground beef with onion, garlic, bell pepper and jalapeño pepper until meat is no longer pink; drain fat.
- 2Add in taco seasoning mix, undrained beans and green chilies; mix to combine and simmer for about 25-30 minutes, stirring occasionally (adding in only a small amount of water if the mixture is too thick (do not add too much water or the mixture will become thin).
- 3Season with salt and pepper to taste; remove from heat.
- 4Separate the crescent roll dough into 8 triangles.
- 5Place the triangles in an ungreased 10-inch deep dish pie plate, pressing perforations to form a pie crust (if you are using a square baking dish leave the crescents in square rectangles and fit into pan).
- 6Sprinkle 1 cup crushed tortilla chips over the crescent crust.
- 7Spoon the filling over the crust and corn chips.
- 8Spread the sour cream over the meat mixture.
- 9Sprinkle the cheddar cheese over the sour cream, then top with remaining 1 cups crushed tortilla chips.
- 10Bake at 375 degrees F (bottom oven rack) for about 20-25 minutes.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ground Beef Crescent Taco Pie
Serving Size: 1 (324 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 591.8
- Calories from Fat 285
- Total Fat 31.6 g
- Saturated Fat 16.0 g
- Cholesterol 116.8 mg
- Sodium 455.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 44.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.2 g
- Sugars 4.3 g
- Protein 32.7 g