- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 1⁄2 cups celery, sliced
- 1 (16 ounce) can bean sprouts, drained
- 1 (8 ounce) can sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1 (4 ounce) can mushroom stems and pieces
- 1 (14 ounce) can beef broth
- 1 (2 ounce) jar diced pimentos, drained
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ginger, minced (or paste)
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons water
- 4 cups chow mein noodles (or hot cooked rice)
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown and drain ground beef.
- Add celery, bean sprouts, water chestnuts, mushrooms, broth, pimientos, soy sauce and ginger; heat over medium heat and mix well.
- In a small bowl or jar, mix cornstarch and water until smooth.
- Stir cornstarch mixture into beef mixture. Cook until it is bubbly and slightly thickened.
- Serve over chow mein noodles or cooked rice.