Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
Quick and easy dinner to make for lunch or supper.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 large onions (sliced)
- 1 stalk celery (Diced)
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can mushroom soup
- 2 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 cup uncooked rice (not instant)
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 cup bean sprouts (to be sprinkled on top after it is baked)
- Brown the ground beef with onions and celery; add the rest of the ingredients (except the bean sprouts) and stir together well.
- Butter or grease casserole dish.
- Place the ingredients in the casserole dish.
- Bake at 325° for 1-1/2 hours.
- Sprinkle with bean sprouts and serve.
Very good and easy to make. I also added water chestnuts to the mixture.
One of my hubby's faves (with a few tweaks!) I've never made this recipe without doubling it, so I don't know how the rice behaves in the original recipe, but the first time I doubled the rice, and the rice completely took over! So now it's 1 1/3 - 1 1/2 cups rice, 3 1/2 - 4 cups water. I also add 1 can each of bean sprouts, water chestnuts (chopped) and bamboo shoots before cooking. This is a great, easy weeknight meal.