Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Haha, Chop suey. I think I'd prefer using the chopped cabbage.
- 2 cups celery, sliced thin in 1 inch strips
- 1⁄2 cup onion, sliced
- 1 1⁄2 lbs lean ground beef
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 beef bouillon cube
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 16 ounces bean sprouts or 4 cups chopped cabbage
- Cook celery, onion and ground beef about 5 minutes until meat begins to brown.
- Blend cornstarch with water and stir into beef mixture.
- Add bouillon cube, soy sauce and salt.
- Cook, stirring constantly, until sauce is thickened and clear.
- Stir in bean sprouts or cabbage.
- Cook covered about 3 minutes until cabbage is tender if cabbage is used.
- If bean sprouts are used, heat thoroughly.
- Serve over rice.