Recipe by daisygrl64
Ground Beef Chimichangas. Serve with Garlic Bread a Salad and dinner is done!
Top Review by thepurpleturtle
These were good although I altered the recipe slightly. I cooked the onion and garlic with the ground beef, then I added in homemade salsa instead of canned tomatoes and also added in a pinch of oregano and cumin along with the remaining ingredients. Other change was that I cooked these at 400 degrees to get a crisper result and topped with some additional shredded cheese for the last 5 minutes. Everyone loved them :) Made for ZWT5.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 (10 ounce) can Ro-Tel tomatoes
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) envelope taco seasoning
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 2 garlic cloves, smashed and chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 12 burrito-size flour tortillas
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350*F.
- Brown ground beef, and drain well.
- Stir in onion and saute
- Stir in tomatoes, taco seasoning, garlic, black pepper and simmer over low heat for 15 minutes.
- remove from heat and add cheese.
- Spoon 1/4 cup meat mixture along one edge of tortilla.
- Fold edge of tortilla to cover the meat.
- Fold in both sides and roll and secure
- spray a 13x9 glass oven dish with Pam cooking spray.
- place in oven and bake until tortillas turn golden, 15-20 minutes.
- topped with shredded cheese, chili, sour cream, shredded lettuce, diced tomatoes , green onions or whatever you desire.