Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is one of the many dishes friends brought when my husband passed away. It was the one everyone liked best.
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups chopped celery
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1⁄2 cup slivered almonds
- 1 (4 ounce) can sliced mushrooms
- 1 (11 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 (8 ounce) package noodles, cooked according to pkg directions
- 1 cup sour cream
- Brown ground beef.
- Add salt, celery, green pepper, onion, mushrooms with liquid, mushroom soup, soy sauce and water.
- Cover tightly and simmer until vegetables are tender.
- Combine cooked noodles and sour cream with meat mixture.
- Put in greased 2 1/2 quart casserole.
- 9" x 13" dish is just the right size.
- Top with almonds.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 30 minutes.
This tasted very good. It was a bit more watery than I thought it would be--almost like it needed something to bind it. Next time I will add cheese, I think. But I will make this again--it was easy, and everyone liked it. Thanks for the recipe. :)