Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is one of the many dishes friends brought when my husband passed away. It was the one everyone liked best.
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups chopped celery
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1⁄2 cup slivered almonds
- 1 (4 ounce) can sliced mushrooms
- 1 (11 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 (8 ounce) package noodles, cooked according to pkg directions
- 1 cup sour cream
- Brown ground beef.
- Add salt, celery, green pepper, onion, mushrooms with liquid, mushroom soup, soy sauce and water.
- Cover tightly and simmer until vegetables are tender.
- Combine cooked noodles and sour cream with meat mixture.
- Put in greased 2 1/2 quart casserole.
- 9" x 13" dish is just the right size.
- Top with almonds.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 30 minutes.