Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 25 mins
From my grandmother's (Jewel) recipe box.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 3⁄4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 (8 ounce) package frozen mixed vegetables, thawed
- 4 ounces medium noodles
- 1 1⁄2 cups cheese, grated
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 16 ounces tomatoes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Accent seasoning
- Fry beef about 10 minutes and drain off grease.
- Boil noodles about 8 minutes.
- Stir in onions, salt, chili powder, tomatoes, and worchestershire sauce and cook until onions are translucent.
- Sprinkle vegetables with Accent.
- In a 2 quart casserole dish, combine meat and vegetables with cooked noodles and cover.
- Bake, covered, at 350 degrees about 30 to 40 minutes.
- Uncover and sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake about 15 minutes longer.
I made this recipe on 6/9/08 for the "My - 3 - Chefs 2008 " game. Since there was only two of us, the recipe was cut in half. However, I did omit a couple of items, like browning the ground beef in oil and leaving out the Accent. I cooked the beef,onion,and chili powder together.The directions were a little vague about when the beef mixture was supposed to be added. So I combined everything together. Here is where my three star rating comes into effect. There was no dish size given, so I put everything into a deep-dished pie pan. And no baking temp. was given, so I baked it at 350 Âº for about 30 minutes.I think if a new cook was trying to make this recipe, I feel they might be a little confused without having a baking temp. But other than that, this was a very good tasting recipe and will be made again. Thanks for posting and "Keep Smiling :)"