1 hr 30 mins
barbara jewell's Note:
I have had this recipe for several years and don't remember where it came from. It is wonderful for potlucks or just a good home cooked dinner. Goes great with hot, crusty cornbread. People who hate cabbage have ask for the recipe. Sooooo good! The house smells wonderful. I can't say enough about this recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 1/2 lbs ground beef, cooked and drained
- 1 medium sweet green pepper, chopped
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 1 (8 ounce) can cream of tomato soup
- 1 (8 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (8 ounce) soup can water
- 1 (6 7/8 ounce) box beef flavored Rice-A-Roni (with seasionong pack)
- salt & pepper
- 1 small head of cabbage, chopped (3 or 4 cups)
- 1Combine all ingredients except cabbage and mix well.
- 2Place chopped cabbage in greased casserole dish. (I used large dutch oven.).
- 3Pour meat mixture over the cabbage, Do not stir.
- 4Cover and bake @350 for about 1 1/2 hours.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ground Beef & Cabbage Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (229 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 309.0
- Calories from Fat 170
- Total Fat 18.9 g
- Saturated Fat 7.0 g
- Cholesterol 78.0 mg
- Sodium 420.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 3.6 g
- Protein 23.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
beef flavored Rice-A-Roni