Recipe by barbara jewell
I have had this recipe for several years and don't remember where it came from. It is wonderful for potlucks or just a good home cooked dinner. Goes great with hot, crusty cornbread. People who hate cabbage have ask for the recipe. Sooooo good! The house smells wonderful. I can't say enough about this recipe.
Top Review by smoothjazzbabe
I really,really like this recipe, in fact, it has become a household staple. The flavor is subtle yet rich and yummy. I especially like the way it feels in the mouth. It is truly a comfort food and the house smells so good when this is baking. There is lots of it so serve with crusty bread and invite the neighbors! Just a side note...instead of chopping the cabbage, I do it the cheater way....use 2 bags of the angel hair shredded cabbage from the ready made salad isle. Enjoy!
- 2 1⁄2 lbs ground beef, cooked and drained
- 1 medium sweet green pepper, chopped
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 1 (8 ounce) can cream of tomato soup
- 1 (8 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (8 ounce) soup can water
- 1 (6 7/8 ounce) box beef flavored Rice-A-Roni (with seasionong pack)
- salt & pepper
- 1 small head of cabbage, chopped (3 or 4 cups)