Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is a wonderful OAMC meal to have in your freezer. If you don't want to freeze a casserole, cut the recipe in half.
- In a Dutch oven, cook beef over medium heat and drain.
- Stir in the pork and beans, ketchup, water, onion soup mix, brown sugar, mustard, molasses, vinegar, garlic powder, and ground cloves.
- Heat through.
- Transfer to two greased 2-quart baking dishes.
- Cover and freeze one dish for up to 3 months.
- Cover and bake the second dish at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 30 minutes.
- Uncover and bake 10 to 15 minutes longer or until bubbly.
- To use frozen casserole: Thaw in the refrigerator. Cover and bake at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 40 minutes. Uncover and bake 15 to 20 minutes longer or until bubbly.
This mae a meal fo itself last night, though I did cut the recipe in half, and substiitued 1 cup ketchup for Jack Daniels BBQ sauce.. other than that went right down and followed directions to a tee. Great combo of spices in this, as it was not overpowering , but subtle. Very enjoyable meal. Made for PRMR tag.