Recipe by MTpockets
If you like quick and easy comfort food, then this one might be for you. It's not gourmet by any means but it is pretty tasty with minimal ingredients. You can add any additional ingredients that you might enjoy to it. (That's the beauty of casseroles!)
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 1⁄2 small onion, Chopped
- 1 (6 1/4 ounce) packagefast cooking long grain and wild rice blend
- 1 (10 1/3 ounce) can tomato soup
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350'.
- Butter well a 2 quart or larger casserole dish.
- In a skillet add ground beef and onions and brown until meat is no longer pink.
- Drain off fat.
- While beef is browning, prepare rice mix as directed (including seasoning packet)except omit butter.
- When most of the liquid is cooked down and rice is becoming tender, remove from heat and stir into meat mixture.
- Add Soup, milk, pepper and 1 Cup Cheese and blend well.
- Transfer to 2 qt baking dish, bake uncovered 20-25 minutes or until bubbly and heated through.
- Top with remaining 1/2 Cup cheese and bake another 5-10 minutes or until cheese melts and turns bubbly.